- Serve as a conduit between staff and upper management, from which managerial directives are communicated and a clear line of communication exists between management and staff
- Lead by example and ensure a high standard of customer service and quality
- Work with Retail Operations Manager in implementing café and company programs
- Address minor staff infractions through write-ups, warnings, etc.
- Work with Education and Quality Control Manager to ensure a high standard of coffee operations
- Store: weekly, monthly, and as-needed ordering
- Ensure cleanliness of store i.e. Bathrooms, windows, customer area, outside perimeter, bar area, and back room
- Diagnosing, problem solving, and providing solutions
- On call in case of staff emergencies or shift coverage
- Work with Retail Operations Manager and COO to maintain set schedules, inventory, Cost of Goods, etc.
- Daily cash counts and payroll
- Know ordering and basic maintenance needs
- Tri-annual store meetings
- Monthly inventory and weekly waste logs, etc.
- Emergency shift coverage and new hire training
- Weekly meeting of all store mangers with Retail Operations Manager
- Two weeks of Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
- Discounts at all Medici locations
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
"Medici was founded in 2006 out of Michael and Alison Vaclav’s desire to build the kind of welcoming space where relationships could flourish. We believe in the potential of coffee to cultivate community by creating memorable experiences through our commitment to hospitality and craft. At Medici, we work with integrity and strive for excellence. We grow the company by contributing our knowledge, our passion, and our respect to every aspect of service. What do we value? -We do hospitality with integrity.
-We strive for quality that reflects excellence. -We make sales that contribute to the company's growth.
-We work together to create consistency and cohesion."
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)